Transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know man i was just bustin yer balls
i used to work for hewlett packerd years ago as a computer tech so i have a habit of troubleshooting an automotive problem the same way i troubleshoot a computer
example: customer calls and says hes computer wont turn on? is it plugged in? youd be astaonished how many people say NO. My car wont start? is there gas in the tank?
eliminate th

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
no worries lol
I've actually been on the other end of some of those phone calls.. Its amazing these ppl somewhat function in society.. "oh I need to have the key in the ignition?" lol

OP
OP
andrewg29

andrewg29

Reaction score
seriously you guys no troubleshooting just BAM new tranny
okay lets pump our brakes and slow down before andrew blows lots of money he doesnt need to
That being said and based on the symptoms youve described i would say thats a big NO your tranny is not going to out
and if you still it does please go stand in the corner you need a time out
check the trans fluid level wich ill assume
the levels were fine becuase if it was really low we wouldnt be having this discussion then go through all yer gears? post wich ones if any dont work? and does it shift harshly when its going from 1st to 2nd only ? or does it always want to start in 2nd? its possible yer lookin at either throttle position sensor or maybe the electronic pressure control solenoid give some more specifics on yer transmission symptoms itll help narrow down the possible problems
Lol that was the first time it's done it but it always shifts hard from first to second and when I'm ******* the accelerator. Also when I come to a complete stop it will make a clunking noise same when It goes from drive to reverse and vice versa. All the gears are working fluid levels are perfect. Another this is when it's shifting to second to third the transmission will kind of hesitate and then go into gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman