Transmission help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdemontigny91406

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so I know it says i just joined, and I did but I've been researching on the site for a long time. now that im ready to buy a 2006 Tahoe GMT800 i already have plans in mind. that aside i need some information regarding the 4L60E I've tried time and time again searching for information via the search button and google, but i need the info from veterans or some one that understands it. Either i need to build the the 4l60E to a stout 4L65E or i need to swap to a 4L80E. now this is the info i need im wanting to push the 5.3 to 400whp and have a reliable transmission. Im a government contractor and i take my wife and daughter with me every where I go. i also plan on retaining 4WD when needed I live in Montana but i travel 330 days a year. I need to know what i need to hold the power via transmission and what ever transmission what to do and whats needed. Thanks for your time its much appreciated. Tony

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about these trannies but most will probably say if you can switch it for an 80, the 4l60 is weak.