Transmission Gurus Please weigh in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I'm having a shift issue with newly rebuilt 4L65E trans. Under gentle/normal acceleration the trans shifts smoothly and at mph/rpm table settings. However, with heavier acceleration, say above 40% throttle, the trans holds to higher rpms between 2 and 3 then shifts hard. That's the sum of symptoms. In every other way the trans operates perfectly. Not pulling any codes. We've checked the shift tables for a conflict and found none. We've changed the acuator solinoid(?) valve for 2-3 shift. Trans fluid is clean. So, I'm begininng to think it's not a programming or a fluid flow pressure issue. BTW a remanufactured OE valve body was installed when the trans was rebuilt. Am I missing something? Could this be a ground/voltage resistance issue, or a problem with the valve body harness? Might there be debris stuck somewhere in the valve body? Help! Please!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton