transfer case bolt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roc187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was tighting down my transfer case and i snapped a bolt... i didnt torque the bolts, im wanting to know how bad is it to drive with one bolt missing. its my day to day driver truck. its a 98 tahoe sport just for refrence.

OP
OP
R

roc187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's a push button 4wheel. And it's on the driver rear corner all other bolts held up.

OP
OP
R

roc187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's a 98 and yes it holds the bottom half to the upper half

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Okay so it's not my transfer case. I believe it's the transmission pan? Im not for sure it's dealing with transission for sure. Sorry I'm just getting to know automotives I'm 18. It has approximately 20 bolts in it and I believe there's a gasket between the two halves that they hold together.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the tranny pan is the only part visible that has many bolts available but even then it only has 16 bolt. perhaps a pic of the area you are referring to will do a better job of explaining.

OP
OP
R

roc187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was guessing 20 bolts and it's the transmission pan. Do you recommend leaving the broken threaded bolt in there or getting it out? How can I get it out and will one bolt majorly hurt anything?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
typically they do not use a preform type gasket so it can leak but if you are sure it does not then you might be ok. however it would be preferred to fix it. in fact have a good shop drill and extract it while they pan and gasket is still bolted on so the shavings don't get inside. once it is out get a replacement tranny bolt from a dealer and snug it in there.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

ACDelco #24231519 is the bolt number use it to search for other pricing.

OP
OP
R

roc187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know the torque specs for these bolts an would they have to be torqued in any particular order?

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they have Hanyes manuals in the states? Its like 30 bucks.

Buy one.

It has all the torque specs you could ask for as well as any sequences.

Did you snap the thing off flush with the gasket mounting surface? If not maybe you can get a good grip on whats protruding with a tight pair of locking pliers?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdadair

Latest posts