Trans cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy 2011 Tahoe no factory trans cooler. Which kit do you think would be effective. Please send any links you might have. I have NO THERMAL LIMITER where the line goes into the trans. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
B

bstrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also towing a 5000lbs boat and trailer what would be safe operating temp for the trans. I was a 198 on a mile climb maybe 20 degrees

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy 2011 Tahoe no factory trans cooler. Which kit do you think would be effective. Please send any links you might have. I have NO THERMAL LIMITER where the line goes into the trans. Thanks in advance
You must have the oil-to-water cooler built into the radiator end tank. I believe all GMT 900s had that as a minimum. If so, then this is an excellent choice and is the one I have in my 2012 Yukon XL Denali. I plumbed it in series with the radiator's end tank cooler, as specified in the up fitters manual. I tow a 7500 lb camper with it and it works great - holds steady around 180ºF on the highway when towing.

I also have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali and am running a Tru-cool 40k in that one, but I can't get the transmission temp up to the GM-recommended minimum of 150ºF for operation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700