Trailer Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltrain4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have some questions about towing. I just picked up my 22 Yukon XL AT4 last week. My trailer is in being repaired right now so I haven’t been able to hook up to it and experiment.

My question essentially is am I able to see a camera on the back of my trailer on the screen in the rig? When I go to the trailer page it shows me an option for an interior camera and exterior camera on a trailer, but the camera accessory from GM requires a connection that isn’t there.

If I’m able to I’d like to buy the camera and get it installed before I pick up my trailer from being repaired. Appreciate any insight you guys have!

Attachments

• 61E6AE69-5F81-48FB-9E37-849F01EBF2AF.jpeg
    61E6AE69-5F81-48FB-9E37-849F01EBF2AF.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 19
  • A8EC40C4-14BA-47EB-9AA4-55FBA9E5385F.jpeg
    A8EC40C4-14BA-47EB-9AA4-55FBA9E5385F.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 23

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be able to .. my At4 had the Enhanced Trailering Tech Package (RPO ZM1 - $750) --- so where that 4 pin plug is there is an input for the camera lead. It came with an aux camera on what looks like a 30' lead. I havent hooked it up yet ...but i would think if you can swap out that 4 pin plug it should be plug and play with an aftermarket camera.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That top cover has two camera plugs. That is where the interior camera and exterior rear camera plug into after installed on your trailer. When you plug in your trailer and those two cameras you will be able to view them as two extra camera views.

correction: that will be true if you have that option, now looking at your plug pic may not be that easy. My truck has that option and it is not a 4 pin on top cover but two camera plugs. So its plug and view.

On my sticker it states: HD surround vision with two trailer camera provisions--- you need this option

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some questions about towing. I just picked up my 22 Yukon XL AT4 last week. My trailer is in being repaired right now so I haven’t been able to hook up to it and experiment.

My question essentially is am I able to see a camera on the back of my trailer on the screen in the rig? When I go to the trailer page it shows me an option for an interior camera and exterior camera on a trailer, but the camera accessory from GM requires a connection that isn’t there.

If I’m able to I’d like to buy the camera and get it installed before I pick up my trailer from being repaired. Appreciate any insight you guys have!
Yours doesn't have that option. If it did, there would be two receptacles for cameras in place of the 4-pin connector.

If you can get hold of the wiring diagrams and parts lists, then I reckon you could add it and possibly so without programming judging by the photo of your display.

OP
OP
L

ltrain4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what my assumption was. I've found the part number (although it's listed for the 3500 Sierra HD) but have no clue how challenging it will be to swap. Hopefully I'll keep digging and find someone who can confirm it's super simple and no risk.

TahoeBAR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what my assumption was. I've found the part number (although it's listed for the 3500 Sierra HD) but have no clue how challenging it will be to swap. Hopefully I'll keep digging and find someone who can confirm it's super simple and no risk.
Did you have any success? Im looking to do this for our trailer on my new Tahoe. I have the max tow package but still have the regular 4 pin/7pin connector. What part was it?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you didn't get the "Enhanced Trailering Technology Package" - you won't have the inputs near the 7-Way plug for the factory trailer camera that integrates with the infotainment system. This package appears to only be available on Yukon AT4 and Denali trim levels and Suburban/Tahoe Premiere and High Country trim levels. The RPO code is ZM1.