Trailer brake controller harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonnie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what part number I need for the factory controller harness that goes to the controller? and where do I get one?
I know GM put them in the glove box sometimes but not in my case.

I have a 2006 GMC Yukon XL 5.3 engine.
So far I come up with a part number 3015-S ?
Thanks for any help

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The pigtail with the four brake controller wires may be tucked up under the dash, ready to connect to the wire pigtail that comes with your controller. It may take some digging to find it. You'll need to look at it to see if it has a connector on it; if it does, see this link for a Tekonsha controller:

If your truck came with the trailer wiring option you can use the pigtail with both connectors. If there is a factory 7-blade wiring connector on the hitch, then this should be the one.

If you have another style or brand of controller, use that site to find the controller and the recommended pigtail. They can be had with both or without one of the connectors.

There's an install video here: https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install...-controller-2004-chevrolet-tahoe-tk90160.aspx

Last edited:

TontoFAC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what part number I need for the factory controller harness that goes to the controller? and where do I get one?
I know GM put them in the glove box sometimes but not in my case.

I have a 2006 GMC Yukon XL 5.3 engine.
So far I come up with a part number 3015-S ?
Thanks for any help
RocKAuto, look under Trailer Brake Controller Harness. I know it is listed in the 2005 Tahoe section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094