Traded in the Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmhscorpio

Reaction score
Back story.......we had a 2018 Expedition that had higher miles and traded it in July 22 on a new 2022 Suburban LT using a good friend's A-plan (Exec Referral) coupon. Black LT with captains chairs, panoroof, 20" wheels and Safety package.

Suburban ran and drove fine, we didn't have any issues over 10k miles of ownership other than some glitchy CarPlay software that would "forget" a phone, render the volume knobs inop randomly, etc. Nothing major. 5.3/10 speed is peppy, gets good mpg and the Suburban has plenty of space in it.

That said, the A-Pillar blind spots on the 15+ and especially this 21+ bodystyle are enormous. Pillars are thick, mirrors (especially with the cameras on the end of them) are huge, beltline inside is fairly high......... overall, huge blind spot and we had several instances where we almost pulled out right in front of an oncoming vehicle AND had a couple scary incidents where pedestrians walked out and we didn't see them until they were literally in front of the car.

On a whim, I had my buddy who is a manager at local Ford dealer give me a trade in price on the Burb, and he offered me within $1k of what I paid for it. He had a 2019 Expedition Platinum Max on the lot that was absolutely immaculate, with 28k miles, CPO warranty, and full service records. We took it for the weekend, put 300 miles on it, and ended up trading the Burb on it. Expedition has WAY better visibility, a combination of slightly smaller A pillar, shorter side mirrors, and a slightly lower beltline. Even my 15yo daughter noticed in the passenger seat that she could see much more clearly LOL.

Here's hoping the Expedition treats us better than our last one. It's a year newer and has 1/3 the miles, so we're crossing our fingers.

In summary, the Burb is a good people hauler, but the blind spots are a deal breaker for us.

View attachment 392757Thanks to all for your advice and input over the past decade (we had a 13 Burb, 14 Esky, and then the 22 Suburban).
Gone to the dark side....
Good luck with it.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck !!! My daughter is a warranty claims adjuster for Ford and she does a ton of claims on the 3.5 cam phasers, exhaust manifold and the sunroof assemblies. Just a heads up
I know there is a recall on the cam phasers. Shows up on many Carfax reports......

OP
OP
J

Jettix2

Reaction score
Good luck !!! My daughter is a warranty claims adjuster for Ford and she does a ton of claims on the 3.5 cam phasers, exhaust manifold and the sunroof assemblies. Just a heads up
Yep, our 18 had cam phasers and a sunroof assembly done under warranty before we got rid of it

JGinLA

Reaction score
I regularly drive the Ford/Lincoln SUV's and everything else for a little Ford dealer with a thriving business. Much of my car-buying money is made picking up sick Fords 80 miles away. Then I turn around and buy GM.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a '22 Expedition rental while our Tahoe was being repaired. Too big for my wife to be comfortable in so swapped it for a '22 Edge. Interesting car with plenty of get up and go when the turbo spooled up.
But they were both Fords and after a life long indoctrination of Chevys I can't wait for the Tahoe to come home.

habu987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a Expedition Max rental a few months ago while on a work trip and, despite it being a hard driven 60k mile rental, was intrigued enough to test drive a new Platinum last weekend back to back with a Yukon Denali. I thought the Expy drove well and rode a bit better than the Yukon, but the interior wasn't as nice and the cargo space is a dealbreaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt