TPW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
When did you place your order? I ordered a 2021 Tahoe premier yesterday, my dealer got an allocation and told me 2 months wait time minimum.
Did the dealer have an allocation? That makes a HUGE difference!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically took you about 8 weeks to get it, I’m sure you’ll have next week or so if it’s on the train. And yes my dealer had an allocation. Was searching everywhere for one and almost bought one in Ohio until they scammed a $2000 paint protection fee on top of bill, then next day my salesman called me with allocation.

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
So basically took you about 8 weeks to get it, I’m sure you’ll have next week or so if it’s on the train. And yes my dealer had an allocation. Was searching everywhere for one and almost bought one in Ohio until they scammed a $2000 paint protection fee on top of bill, then next day my salesman called me with allocation.
Same crap! But the dealer I talked to added 8k worth of useless options. Everything from nitrogen, extended warranty, paint protection, tint! Then he added 3k over MSRP

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow that’s a bad dealer. I’ve been pretty loyal to my salesman/dealership I just ordered from. I’m getting the GM family discount and no other added BS. I’m hoping Chevy gives a rebate or 2 come June when my order hopefully arrives....

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
Oh wow that’s a bad dealer. I’ve been pretty loyal to my salesman/dealership I just ordered from. I’m getting the GM family discount and no other added BS. I’m hoping Chevy gives a rebate or 2 come June when my order hopefully arrives....
Yeah, the dealer I ordered from hooked me up too. Temporary greed kills customer loyalty! I hope you get your ride soon. I know the anticipation sucks!

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did you place your order? I ordered a 2021 Tahoe premier yesterday, my dealer got an allocation and told me 2 months wait time minimum.
Damn! I was originally told 3-4 months then before the order was placed, 6 months due to allocation shortage though. As of today it’s still in preliminary. :(

Gmo79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Damn! I was originally told 3-4 months then before the order was placed, 6 months due to allocation shortage though. As of today it’s still in preliminary. :(
Ugh.. I wonder when they’ll stop making 2021s in favor of 2022’s?

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh.. I wonder when they’ll stop making 2021s in favor of 2022’s?
Supposedly they start in late summer/early fall (ish). I was told by someone who works for gmc, they’re expecting 22s to hit the lots by October.

however, another said everything is up in the air as they’re so backed up with ‘21 orders right now.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another idea is to search out the highest volume GMC dealer in yours and surrounding states and check their incoming. My dealer had them coming in weekly... mostly sold, but sometime not. Some times, like I did, you find one not spoken for. You have to act quickly and decisively, but they are out there...

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
Another idea is to search out the highest volume GMC dealer in yours and surrounding states and check their incoming. My dealer had them coming in weekly... mostly sold, but sometime not. Some times, like I did, you find one not spoken for. You have to act quickly and decisively, but they are out there...

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you have to pay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali