TPMS relearn tools..2014 SSV Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I put the newer set of tires and wheels on my 2014 Tahoe SSV I’ve been getting the TPMS light and warning message on the truck.

I know that it needs to be set to the vehicle. Does anyone have a good suggestion on a relearn tool? I’ve been looking at Amazon and a few other sites but they have a ton of them out there. I also have my wife’s 07 Aura XR that gets winter tires on it as well those have the sensors in them as well just never worked.

note: the wheels came from a 2011 Tahoe and the wheels do have sensors in them. Same stock tire size.

Thanks
Paul

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I put the newer set of tires and wheels on my 2014 Tahoe SSV I’ve been getting the TPMS light and warning message on the truck.

I know that it needs to be set to the vehicle. Does anyone have a good suggestion on a relearn tool? I’ve been looking at Amazon and a few other sites but they have a ton of them out there. I also have my wife’s 07 Aura XR that gets winter tires on it as well those have the sensors in them as well just never worked.

note: the wheels came from a 2011 Tahoe and the wheels do have sensors in them. Same stock tire size.

Thanks
Paul
This one seems to cover all the bases and covers a wide range of years for GM vehicles.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...L82JP&linkId=a64287f43df0e42e859d9ac458f93e6c

09Tahoe4Now

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the correct TPMS tool that will allow you to do the relearn in less than a minute.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what year GM removed the feature in the DIC where you didn’t need a tool? Or is it the TPMS that’s different?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what year GM removed the feature in the DIC where you didn’t need a tool? Or is it the TPMS that’s different?
I think it changed in 2011 on my 2012 you have to use the oem key fob to put into learn mode and then use a tpms tool as well, on my 2018 silverado you just select the tpms display then hold down the select button for about 5 seconds and it goes into learn mode (found that out by accident).

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those cheap china relearn tools work well. Use it on my car and my Tahoe since filling/letting air out sucks.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the suggestions. Will go ahead and order one this weekend.

I see here that you have to use the key fob as well as the relearn tool?

Why can’t it be easy, yeesh.

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts