Towing with Belltech 5305

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is the correct part number. I have been told not to worry about changing the rear springs on my wife's 3-5 truck until recently. I was doing all the research and ready to order then she pulled me off. Well a recent to trip to Florida in my dually (bagged and rides incredible) she decided she wants to travel in her truck again. So I am going to get either the TBSS springs or the Belltech with Bilstein shocks all around. My question is, how much will I be able to tow or should I get the helper bags immediately if I plan to tow? How well will they control the load? When the truck was 2-3 I towed about 6k lbs to Baton Rouge. I would never tow anymore than that.....what should I do? Thanks

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that is the correct part number. I have been told not to worry about changing the rear springs on my wife's 3-5 truck until recently. I was doing all the research and ready to order then she pulled me off. Well a recent to trip to Florida in my dually (bagged and rides incredible) she decided she wants to travel in her truck again. So I am going to get either the TBSS springs or the Belltech with Bilstein shocks all around. My question is, how much will I be able to tow or should I get the helper bags immediately if I plan to tow? How well will they control the load? When the truck was 2-3 I towed about 6k lbs to Baton Rouge. I would never tow anymore than that.....what should I do? Thanks

I towed my 65 olds which weighs in pretty high with no problems...front end didnt lift up, in fact it was the perfect balance of spring rate because the coils are tighter as you travel up the spring, so they get stiffer as there is more load

B

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Belltech springs? What shocks did you have and do you have the Airlift stuff?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Belltech springs? What shocks did you have and do you have the Airlift stuff?

BT street shocks and no helper bags.....I scraped the fenders a little on BIG bumps but that's expected.

B

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
The 5305 coils will tow better as they are a progressive rate and firm up quicker than the static rate 4230 tb coils. I towed quite a few times with my 5305 coils and helper bags, rode great and didn't experience much sway with 15-20 psi in the helper bags.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just got a local customer finally proven towed set up.

trailblazer rear coils with the trailblazer helper bag kit from airlift that I installed for him. No probs at all and lowered his truck 5.75 from stock (running djm springs/rear kit) and tows his 57 caddy today and there was no problem at all. Thing rides like a dream. I need more local people to start doing the trailblazer djm coils they are the ticket for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk