Tow/Haul "performance" mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lockout888

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm confused about the Tow/Haul button and the BB "performance/track" option. Can someone explain what changes are made?

Can you still tow a heavy load with the "performance/track" engaged, or should you use the standard mode?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I'm confused about the Tow/Haul button and the BB "performance/track" option. Can someone explain what changes are made?

Can you still tow a heavy load with the "performance/track" engaged, or should you use the standard mode?

I have it. It turns your tow button into a Sport mode. Mine is set up to remove all Torque Management. The shifts are more firm and really make the truck peppy. With this mode on, i tell everyone that i can chirp my 22' tires in 1-2 shift and 2-3 if ground is wet, You will have to talk to Justin to figure how you want the sport button set up.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We do not recommend towing with the Sport mode on the tow haul, rather tow in 3rd gear.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if the button is NOT in tow/haul then the truck returns to all factory settings?

If not can this be done.

Also, if all Torque Management is rid of, will it fry the transmissions?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. You can either keep tow/haul in stock form and optimized for towing. Or you can have it in a sport mode.

If you have a mechanically sound transmission and aren't a harsh driver, there should be no issues, but we typically recommend 75-80% removal. Most folks who do the scan cable or AutoCal tune, just have Justin change the TM based on what he sees in the logs.

willcla

Reaction score
Is it possible to have 1) stock mode 2) Tow mode and 3) BB Tune (Sport Mode)?

Or is it only possible to have 2 modes: 1) stock and 2) BB Tune, activated by pressing tow/haul button?

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I believe you can have only two modes per tune file and they could be whatever you want.
For instance :

Normal - tow haul button

Bb tune - sport mode
Stock - sport mode
Bbtune - tow haul
Etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

willcla

Reaction score
I believe you can have only two modes per tune file and they could be whatever you want.
For instance :

Normal - tow haul button

Bb tune - sport mode
Stock - sport mode
Bbtune - tow haul
Etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Blazed, I have another scenario for you

Lets say I have a BB Tune and also Tow Mode, could the tune get wiped if I have to take the Yuk to the dealer and they run a diagnostic on the PCM?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos