Torsion lowering issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phillip Moody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's up y'all. I have an issue I need help with. I have an 03 Chevy Tahoe z71 that I bought from a previous owner which was a 17yo kid. Kid got new 20in off-road rims with 33in mud tires and tried to crank up the torsion bars to get some clearance for those 33s. Well come to find out the passenger side is almost 2ins higher than the driver side and it's been causing popping and clanking of my brand new CV on that side that I just installed. So I go under there to try to level it out and I got the bolt on level with the driver side but for some odd reason the truck didn't budge an inch or not even that. What do I do for a matter like that b|c I don't want to end up having to replace the brand new CV that I just installed 2 weeks ago. I even sprayed wd-40 all in the torsion bar channels to maybe see if that will break it free from being stuck but still nothing.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would get it on a level surface and worry more about making the truck sit even then making sure the bolts are even. i know mine are not, but it sits correct and rides drives good, so i dont worry about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96