torsion keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ride N Fly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i plan on installing the ford keys to level the hoe, but i'm not sure if I need to change my stock shocks. Also will i need to install spacers with the keys. its the 2x4, which i guess would be considered a 4x4

Last edited:

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers are for the rear to lift that end and aren't required unless you are planning to lift up the whole truck. You'd need longer shocks if you crank them up enough that you are maxing out the stocks on droop.

OP
OP
R

Ride N Fly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just trying to level it, i read on another thread that i would need the 1.5"
spacers in the rear to level it with the keys.

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you were to buy a leveling kit, all they would sell you is the torsion keys. The point is to level the ride, your ass end sits higher than the front stock. Hence a basic drop is 3/5, 3" front and 5" rear to make it level. So if you added keys to bring up the front, then added spacers in the rear, you'd still have rake, and wouldn't be level. Maybe someone else will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you crank those Ford keys a lot, I don't see you bringing the front end higher than the rear.

And how is a 2x4 you guess considered a 4x4?

OP
OP
R

Ride N Fly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i understand that the back sits higher, so then i wouldn't need the spacers. i have the 4wd selector thats why i said a 4x4. maybe i'm wrong in the terminology.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
to level you will only need the keys...possibly shocks up front, but it depends upon how high you crank them...just confirming what crazy al said!

Pat

OP
OP
R

Ride N Fly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok thanks, sounds good. i saw a pair of keys on ebay that i think i will check out. Is there any other good place to get a pair?

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
check with tim, belair55..., a preferred vendor here.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

click the suspension online link to the right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84