Torsion Key adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darrski27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welp, here goes my first post! I just bought a 2004 Tahoe Z71 with 150,000 miles. It has aftermarket leveling keys on it. I have adjusted them two different times for about four total turns on each torsion key bolt. Every time I lower the Tahoe it sits about an inch higher and then after driving it settles back to its original ride height. My front sits about 3/4 of an inch lower than the rear. I’m afraid I’m running out of bolt on the keys and don’t want to go much higher. Any ideas?

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had mine cranked all way up an all way down before. Never hurt anything. Mine is dropped at the moment but I had drop keys in it. Then put spindles on an it was to low so I had the bolts maxed out to raise it back up. Drove like that for a year or 2 without any issues. If u want it lifted I would get some spindles or something.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Welp, here goes my first post! I just bought a 2004 Tahoe Z71 with 150,000 miles. It has aftermarket leveling keys on it. I have adjusted them two different times for about four total turns on each torsion key bolt. Every time I lower the Tahoe it sits about an inch higher and then after driving it settles back to its original ride height. My front sits about 3/4 of an inch lower than the rear. I’m afraid I’m running out of bolt on the keys and don’t want to go much higher. Any ideas?
Do you have spacers in the rear coil springs,if you do just remove those and she will sit level.Its recommended when you get it where you want it to get an alignment.Adjusting the torsion bolts changes everything in the front end.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I’m not clear on what you’re trying to achieve; get it even higher, or lower it back to stock.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will sit higher even after jacking it up then when u drive the torsion bar settles an goes lower. 4 turns isn’t much. Crank it. But like the one guy said u have to get alignment if u adjust it to much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie