Torsion bars adjustments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heldju

Reaction score
Hi
I’m trying to figure out how to sett the adjustment on the torsion bars on my 04 Tahoe. It soon going to get a front end alignment, but I want to have this adjusted correctly before it goes to the shop.
The problem I see is the front right corner sits higher then the left with about 3-4cm. Can I lower one side down to get it to sit leveled or do both of them need to be adjusted equally to function correctly?

Thanks for any reply

Helge

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have the front end guy level it. They probably see this quite a bit and it's not a big deal to them.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both of them are not the same nor suppose to be. The driver side usually sits lower cuz the gas tank an stuff. Mine are not even an never have been. Just take a tape an measure. Then adjust. But after adjusting u have to drive it forward an backward a little hitting the brakes pretty good so it will settle back out. Also if u are adjusting the bolt up make sure the wheel is off the ground. Backing out on the bolt to lower I don’t Jack it up. Just when tightening the bolt

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your alignment guy probably can’t adjust it out unless he takes it for a drive after every adjustment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st