Torsion bar replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
There are many bars listed on gmpartseast.com. Take the part numbers and have a local dealer or someone verify they will work. The web site says they do.

OP
OP
J

jmlea0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
gmpartseast.com they are discontinued..

I want to replace them but I can not find them this sucks.

OP
OP
J

jmlea0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I know people have installed the gl 54" bars on the tahoes and have moved the torsion bar cross-member but I have a few more questions.

Has anybody ever managed to fit the 54" bars without moving the cross member?

There is literly not a place to find new tahoe t-bars. I have called many many places and the dealer etc. The only thing I have come up with is one driver side bar left at lmc.

If I put lift keys or hd keys in, will that continue to make my angles even worse or just give me a little more height?

OP
OP
J

jmlea0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
torsion bars

Well guys I ended up pick up a set of hd bars out of a 06 duramax. They are like twice the thickness of the factory 4 door 52" bars. After a lot of research I went ahead and moved my torsion bar cross member back 2" and then installed the new bars with the factory tahoe keys and they solved my issues!!!

The truck finally sits level with barely any crank of torsion bar key bolt and key

It also seems to ride a lot smoother then before.

I will keep you guys posted with pics and updates.

thanks for help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats