Torsion Bar Crossmember Bushing Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you posted the part number but the dealer is saying the part number is for a 2500 is that correct?

It should be for 1500's too. Not sure if the 2500's use the same ones though. I ordered them recently and had a shop change them on my 1500 and they didn't have any problems. Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue I was trying to track down but it doesn't hurt to have new ones.

Taylor Griggs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The energy suspension torsion mount bushings for the 07-10 2500s will work on and suburban, Yukon, Tahoe, Silverado, Sierra, avalanche. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the mounts and etc, I got my from 4wheel parts with free in store pick and no tax free for 27.99. Took about 2 hours to install and everything is perfect.

live2pull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The energy suspension torsion mount bushings for the 07-10 2500s will work on and suburban, Yukon, Tahoe, Silverado, Sierra, avalanche. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the mounts and etc, I got my from 4wheel parts with free in store pick and no tax free for 27.99. Took about 2 hours to install and everything is perfect.

Are you refering to 3.1143G? These work on the 2000-2006 torsion bar mount? do you have a picture post installation?

Zachprofeta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey did the metal washer on your bushing come with it when you bought it I got the replacement bushing but there’s no washer on the outside

aurquiza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now you're ready to press in the new bushings. For the passenger side I used a piece from my HF ball joint kit to drive the bushing in.
View attachment 180047
View attachment 180046

Now the drivers side was a while different story... The frame does not allow any room to drive in that bushing. Using a threaded rod, some washers, a couple pieces of pipe, and some components from my HF ball joint kit... I was able to press that bushing in.
View attachment 180049 View attachment 180051
View attachment 180050

I will get the part number for the bushing and post it here. I think they cost me $40 each.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help the best I can.
Hi there. When it started going in sideways did you just kept pushing along until it just straighten up by itself?

Kaled8a8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My friend, what machine do you use to press the piece without ruining it?

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old post, but thankful I found it. Been chasing a squeak/clunk for a while and we finally narrowed it down to the torsion bushings. Gonna tackle it this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt