Torque app. O2 sensor data - can someone decipher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are four screenshots while driving home the other day. 30 minutes of driving.

1st image is at idle (after 30 mins of driving)
0IMAE4M.jpg

2nd image is steady cruising at 35mph.
lL8aP8J.jpg

3rd & 4th images are cruising @75mph on the interstate.
PZVIQSg.jpg1JX7WUy.jpg

It's clear the O2 sensors (left bank vs. right bank) aren't reporting the same voltages, and I'm assuming the left sensors are the ones shown out of whack. Trying to understand what I'm seeing.

Bad injectors, bad spark plugs/cables/coil(s), bad O2 sensors, cats....?

Reaction score
Your forward O2 sensor voltage should be jumping up and down like they're showing, if they weren't they'd be getting lazy and would probably be needing replacement.

Looking at the way you have this dashboard setup, it seems you have Bank 1 on the left and Bank 2 on the right, but your Bank 2 sensor 1 is on the left (second graph down) and Bank 1 sensor 2 is top graph on the right.

O2 1x1 = bank 1 sensor 1 (upstream)
O2 1x2 = bank 1 sensor 2 (downstream)
O2 2x1 = bank 2 sensor 1
O2 2x2 = bank 2 sensor 2

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your forward O2 sensor voltage should be jumping up and down like they're showing, if they weren't they'd be getting lazy and would probably be needing replacement.

Looking at the way you have this dashboard setup, it seems you have Bank 1 on the left and Bank 2 on the right, but your Bank 2 sensor 1 is on the left (second graph down) and Bank 1 sensor 2 is top graph on the right.

O2 1x1 = bank 1 sensor 1 (upstream)
O2 1x2 = bank 1 sensor 2 (downstream)
O2 2x1 = bank 2 sensor 1
O2 2x2 = bank 2 sensor 2

The orientation got all messed up when I shrank the O2 sensor size and added fuel trim to the screen. Good catch... I was doing this while waiting in line at my kid's school, and just now realized it.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JjXcEh4.jpg

Does this orientation make more sense, if I was trying to represent the sensor location from the perspective of looking straight down at my chassis from up above?

And, you're also saying those readings look normal?

I assumed BlackBear would have mentioned something during the tuning process if they noticed any wonky readings.

Reaction score
Yes, looks pretty normal.
Blackbear would normally tell you if something looks off while looking at the logs for tuning, and suggest fixing the problem before creating the tune for it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 350062

Does this orientation make more sense, if I was trying to represent the sensor location from the perspective of looking straight down at my chassis from up above?

And, you're also saying those readings look normal?

I assumed BlackBear would have mentioned something during the tuning process if they noticed any wonky readings.

The orientation as shown now (much easier to comprehend) would be as it looks from the driver's seat (lefthand drive). Bank one is driver's side; bank 2 is passenger side.

I didn't see anything obvious; the movement of either bank's S1 may differ a bit from the other side. If you add your STFT and LTFT numbers for one bank together, ideal would be close to zero. Typically anything within +/-10% total wouldn't be alarming. I think the money light is triggered at +/-25%.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are four screenshots while driving home the other day. 30 minutes of driving.

1st image is at idle (after 30 mins of driving)
View attachment 350044

2nd image is steady cruising at 35mph.
View attachment 350045

3rd & 4th images are cruising @75mph on the interstate.
View attachment 350046View attachment 350047

It's clear the O2 sensors (left bank vs. right bank) aren't reporting the same voltages, and I'm assuming the left sensors are the ones shown out of whack. Trying to understand what I'm seeing.

Bad injectors, bad spark plugs/cables/coil(s), bad O2 sensors, cats....?
Operating as it should. You might have a slight vacuum leak, try re-torqueing the intake bolts, your Long Term Fuel Trims at idle are "slightly" high.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake manifold or intake pipe?
The intake manifold. Watching my trims for the last 4 plus years, they've been creeping up but do go down a little when we re-torque the intake manifold bolts but soon start creeping up again. Going to change them out when the weather cools. The other trucks sits at zero at idle and while running, nice and tight, everything running 100%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019