Toronto, 2006 Diamond White Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
New here and thought I'd introduce myself before I start asking for help in the tech sections, lol.

Long-time GM guy, but this would be my first full-size so I am sorta learning as I go. Bought this truck for my wife back in May after searching for 3 months, she had been daily driving her 96 Firebird for the last 10 years and it was time for something bigger and more comfy. She insisted on it being white, which made the search all the more difficult, but eventually we found this truck which had just been brought to Ontario from Alberta (where they don't salt the roads).
The body is completely rust free, which was the biggest selling feature for me. The interior was filthy, but it cleaned up well. Mechanically the truck ran and drove decently, but I've slowly been fixing small issues we've discovered.
So far I've changed all the fluids, cut and polished the paint, detailed the interior, fixed the rear wiper, replaced a bad TPMS sensor and replaced leaking transmission cooler lines.
I still need to replace the leaking front axles seals, diagnose an intermittent rear air suspension error code, and fix/replace a leaking rear A/C line. Cosmetically I also need to replace the faded headlights, I've already ordered new ones, just waiting on them to come in.

Only future upgrades planned is to swap out the factory deck for a nice double din screen and connect a backup camera (on the wife's request). Otherwise, keep it stock, running properly, and keep everything working.

Here it is the day we picked it up, with the happy wife.

13267850_10153586511970778_1548558913943178922_n.jpg

After a good cleanup:

IMG_20160529_1608592.jpg

IMG_20160529_1609394.jpg

IMG_20160529_1609552.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork