top speed of 2 door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Hey!, that's 55hp to you pal. Seriously the Vortec will get you there faster. There could be other factors.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
While it won't affect it a whole lot gear ratio and tire size plays a role to.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

haha 55hp. whateverr

I have most of the vortec guys beat on this site anyways ;)

No doubt though I have never seen consistency in the posted power ratings. More then one answer. Perhaps they are getting confused with ratings between the weight class they are in. So I think the 55hp difference may actually be wrong.

Last edited:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
haha yea i hear ya. theres only one way to really test it yourself on a dyno. I know the guy from TBIchips does a lot of dynoing and testing, maybe he would know the "right" answer to hp ratings on these trucks.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
:lol:

fine be that way :( I need to find my camera before i keep moving on this project of mr whipple. Damn thing ran away from me. Oh well working on the fbody tonite anyways. have some lower control arm relocation brackets that are going in then its time to roast the shit out of the old tires then put these new ones on ;)

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my TBICHIPS tuned 95 non vortec 4dr gets to around 104 (police radar verified) however even with new leafs and new bilstiens all around it does not feel "safe". My buddy's 98 4dr vortec superchipped can get to 115 before he called it a day. i feel safe at 75-85 all day past that i just don't get warm fuzzy feelings.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell ive had my silverado SS way past 120 before. it took about 5 seconds for it to come off of the 120 mark once i let out. its definitely weird going fast in something 20+ feet long lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n