Top dash color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the pewter interior and am looking for the color of the top of the dash, looking to use SEM paint. Med dark pewter matches the lower part of the dash, but is too light for the top. Thanks!

subieworx

Reaction score
Along the same lines, what about the tan dash color? I have some chipping I would like to fix.

OP
OP
David Paul

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony, try this: open the glove box fully by pushing the stop tab on the right towards the center of the box. Once the door is open fully, there may be a paper tag listing the trim colors on the back. There was on mine. I found it by accident the day after MR 960 listed what mine was.....lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I dye interiors. On the leather interiors I usually pull of a headrest turn it upside down and pull open the tab that holds the two flaps closed, in there should be a tag saying what color it is. Usually the seats are the same color as the upper dash. You also can try removing the fuse panel cover on the ds. In there are a few different colors listed that GM uses for those models. That'll give you an idea on what the colors are called.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the Pewter is listed as 15771386 inside my fuse cover but can't cross-reference that number with anything. I have tried SEM Medium Dark Pewter 17163 / GM WA110D and it seems just a bit off. I'd like to paint my dash but don't want it to be off from the passenger airbag. Maybe my interior is faded?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Do you have cloth interior? Every interior fades some over the years. Have a pic of your dash, along with a shot of the interior of the fuse panel. I might be able to tell what your color is.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have cloth interior? Every interior fades some over the years. Have a pic of your dash, along with a shot of the interior of the fuse panel. I might be able to tell what your color is.
Leather interior. RPO code for the interior is 922 Neutral Pewter. IMG_5275.JPG IMG_5276.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So you already know the GM color? Neutral pewter? I'm going to check tomorrow what my color chart says. I don't remember seeing neutral pewter on it. There's medium neutral, yes dark pewter and very dark pewter.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700