Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What's the job?
I drive a straight job box truck for a trucking company that's sub contracted out by another company. Busting my ass!
Hey Tony, I have a question about the Escalade display you installed with the transmission temp gauge. Is there a temp sensor already wired into the instrument panel harness? Also my 00' has air core motors for its gauges. Will this be a problem if the Escalade display is likely to use stepper motors instead?
On my 03 it's already wired for a trans temp gauge. Iirc, only up to some 04's it's wired in. I'm not really sure about the stepper motors, I had it completely rebuilt by someone.
Yeah really, what is the new job and what is your own business? :confused:
I repair car interiors--cloth, leather and vinyl for dealers and wholesalers.
He runs the TYF chop shop. Jersey style. Lol
Not enough money :secret:

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good job my man keep at it. Is it CDL?
I was told yrs ago that anything with air brakes needed a cdl, but today I was told you don't need one. I found out--out of 4 guys, I'm the only one who has a cdl lol. Supposedly the boss wants to train me to drive a tractor trailer for the company--don't want that tho!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to add, besides driving the truck I have to load it with 12 pallets packed with stuff(SHIT)--using a hand pump jack! That's what's kicking my ass. Besides waking up at 4:30 and working an average of 10 hr days. AND--They pay every 2 weeks, so I have to go to July 5th before getting my 1st check! Just a little rant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Damn reduced engine power came on twice. Thought it was fixed when I cleaned up the lower grounds on the driver's side--on the lower frame. Sux.

thebro55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After all this and reading the ty forums, I started to get the mod bug! Thx guys:waytogo:.
I really liked the rear Escalade appliques. Hard to find in my neck of the woods, and at the time no one was selling a set on the forums. Saw an ad on cl for a set. Score! Guy was parting out an Escalade and was selling a set for $100. Only thing was I had to drive 2 hrs one way to pick them up. No biggie. Came home with these. This was after the color match, which I bartered some other work for. Came out great. Perfect match. View attachment 79886
View attachment 79888 View attachment 79889 View attachment 79890
Couldn't be happier with the look.
What year was the Escalade? I want them for my my tahoe, but I am having trouble finding ones that fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridnclean18