Today is not my day. Coolant leak some where

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jacked up the car to install the new corvette servo I got but found I am leaking coolant from where?? This motor was replaced 3 yrs ago and has 35K on it. I am not sure where its coming from but it appears to be coming from the passenger head. I have been smelling coolant for about 2 days after turning off the hoe but couldnt see anything till now. My question is this a common issue for these trucks and is there a way for my to confirm thats where the leak is with out removing the head.

Its a 99 2dr 4wd

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Also should mention I replaced the spider injection a month ago

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
stuff happens not everything is a common issue like others say just because the seen or heard it more then once. treat it as a problem for you and address it as such. now to address it you could consider putting UV dye in the coolant and checking it a day later with UV lamp from parts store to trace its origin. i think that will be the quickest and most accurate way for now.

OP
OP
AZ Tahoe

AZ Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let it heat up and looked at it again I think I have 2 issues. One theres a small oil leak in the front lower end of the engine right behind the fan pully some where. The coolant I think may be coming from the lower intake manifold in the front left side. I did not remove the lower intake when doing the injection now thinking I should have. I am pondering the idea of of spending next weekend pulling the top off and replacing all gaskets ie upper and lower intake and the heads while Im there

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you pull heads your gasket costs will go up plus any damage to heads you may find and you will want to replace all the head and lower intake bolts as well. just factor that in when finalizing your plan of action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon