Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clean04yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's everyone's favorite all terrain tires? I'm thinking about going with Continental Terraincontact A/T tires. Anyone used them?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Can't comment on how they do in a field condition

But my favorite tires to date are my Nokain WRG SUVs. To save you a google: they're all season compound with winter tread pattern. Not quite at the level of a dedicated winter tire, but it's 85% of the way there. Except it works just as well 20 below as it does on a 110 degree day.

I've had it in snow up to my license plate before

Only complaint about them: They are a touch noisy. Not bad, but noticeable. Doesn't bother me though.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bf good rich AT ko2’s, on the third pair of 265/75r16s on my stock 2001 and they never let me down. Never need air, never need patches. That will be my tire for life as long as they make them. To me good in mud snow and on ice & rain. 0 complaints.

Attachments

• 90F27D9F-F27B-48B8-A7CD-CB2A0925A1BF.jpeg
    90F27D9F-F27B-48B8-A7CD-CB2A0925A1BF.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 14

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much research BFG KO2s were run on our truck for 4 years and about 50K miles. Great tire in the rain, swamps, mud, dirt, sugar sand, beach sand, wet grass, etc. Never got stuck.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bfg's are a great tire, but some of us are a little cheaper than that ( but are also keeping up with multiple vehicles) so something like the at3 or hankook atm (or atm2/3 or whatever they are up to now) are also decent tires if money can be a concern.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had 3 sets of the Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. They have taken everything I've thrown at them. Awesome in snow and rain, surprisingly acceptable in mud (for an A/T), and killer tread life. I've only used up one set that I absolutely abused. I didn't keep them rotated very well, I didn't keep them aired up right, I abused them off road. I still got 65k miles out of them. They were finally taken out by a bad alignment I got from a dealer. I would've gotten 75k otherwise.

My second set is turning out to be about the same. I've switched them between vehicles a few times so it's hard to get an accurate count,. It they've got 50k miles minimum on them and another 20-25k to go.

Third set only had about 5k miles on another truck, but they're doing as well as the rest so far.

Awesome look, and both quieter and cheaper than the BFGs.

Not a great picture, but here they are on my Tahoe about 10k miles ago.

ake6QwD.jpg

Edit:

Here's a bit better one:

YLK0nRQ.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins