Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

busterw

Reaction score
I’m due for tires on my 15 LTZ. I’m looking for a street type tread, not an all terrain. I’ve been running Michelins and the tread life sux. Great wet traction and ride but the life is horrible. 30k miles on this set. Can anyone recommend something with great life, wet traction and ride quality?

Thanks for any recommendations!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m due for tires on my 15 LTZ. I’m looking for a street type tread, not an all terrain. I’ve been running Michelins and the tread life sux. Great wet traction and ride but the life is horrible. 30k miles on this set. Can anyone recommend something with great life, wet traction and ride quality?

Thanks for any recommendations!
I’ve had very good luck with Bridgestone Dueller H/L Alenzas. Have averaged 85K+ on a set.

Lots of differing opinions on this topic, but Michelin’s are by far the most recommended tire in this forum so surprised to hear you have had poor luck with them.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/tire-choices.114296/#post-1374205

OP
OP
B

busterw

Reaction score
The Dueller is what my truck came with and the wet traction was horrible. I would be interested to hear what Michelin people love. Mine are Premier LT X.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
The Dueller is what my truck came with and the wet traction was horrible. I would be interested to hear what Michelin people love. Mine are Premier LT X.
The Michelin Defender LTX is held to a pretty high regard, I don't have any personal experience with them but had heard nothing but good things about them.

OP
OP
B

busterw

Reaction score
I’ve got the Defender LTX on my wife’s 4runner. They seem to be pretty highly regarded here based on previous threads. I believe I’ll go with them. I will say again, the life of the Premiers suck.

Thanks everyone!

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree Michelin's are not what they are hyped up to be. They are probably a decent tire but not for the increased price. They seem to handle the road and weather well but I have yet to have a set that lasted. I never got more than 20k miles on a set, which doesn't work for me. 2 sets on the wifes car, replaced under tread life warranty and another on a SUV I had. Or I'm just unlucky....which is also possible.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what model of Michelin tires you have on your truck, but I've never heard of anyone getting less than 50k miles out of the Michelin Defender LTX model. Most folks get 60k-70k and beyond with the Michelin Defender LTX. And, the Michelin Defender LTX tire is quiet, handles very well, and it was not slowed down by anything that a NH winter could throw at it.

OP
OP
B

busterw

Reaction score
I have been running the Michelin Premier. I just ordered a set of the Defender LTXs based on recommendations here and on different tire sites. So, hopefully they'll be good.
I don't know what model of Michelin tires you have on your truck, but I've never heard of anyone getting less than 50k miles out of the Michelin Defender LTX model. Most folks get 60k-70k and beyond with the Michelin Defender LTX. And, the Michelin Defender LTX tire is quiet, handles very well, and it was not slowed down by anything that a NH winter could throw at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz