tips on this tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mechanicus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I have been searching for a 2007-2014 Tahoe for a long while and the wife had a poor choice in buying a 370z a couple months back. well fortunately enough for me she hates the thing so I'm trying to sell it in hopes to purchase my Tahoe dreams. I have been searching for a border patrol edition for a while and no luck. but I have found a 2007 ls with 156,*** (which Is a lot for me ive only had cars around 60,000) for $15,900. I was hoping for someone to give advise on the Tahoe so I don't make a poor mistake.

The link to the Tahoe

http://www.walkerchevrolet.com/Vehi...-Tahoe-4WD_4dr_1500_LS-Franklin-TN/2822532743

It will be mostly for highway use with mild off road.

thank for your help!

Gurrzt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California - where GOD and the sun always shines
It seems to me to be a lot of miles for the vehicle and a high price. If the maintenance was not kept up, or incorrectly done, you MAY have problems with the drive train down the road. I would pass, and try to find a private one owner vehicle with low mileage and proper maintenance records.

JMHO

OP
OP
mechanicus

mechanicus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for your input.

I went down to the dealership today to look at it and drove it.
The problems I noticed were:
The break rotors looked like they needed replacement
The breaks took a lot of time and distance to stop the vehicle at 40 mph.
The left rear axle looked to be leaking at the end
Tires were wore excessively on the left rear
The stabitrac light was on
The Abs light was on
I tried to put it in 4 high and the interior lighting when away and no lights on the dial same with 4 low

I told him to asked why the stabitrac and abs, he came back to me saying its because of the lift. asked about the axle, he never came back to me.
And kept telling me the 4wd was working.

we went in side to discuss how much they can get it down to...

he went to talk to the manager about a reduction in price I took the maintenance sheet and it read;
"used car inspection complete lr tire wore abc traction lights on interior lights inop 4wd switch inop at times"
preform start and charge test.... no crank & no start.... battery replced and another page of faults.

Told him 12,000 and to fix the problems, he said he can only sell it as is but hell go talk to the manager came back saying they cant go any lower than the price listed.

we left. my search continues..

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing sounds like a piece that was rode hard and monkeyed with. I bought my '08 LTZ in immaculate condition inside and out with 147K on it for $15,200. It's not 4WD, though. It was the salesman's wife's personal car and was owned only by one guy (a lawyer with no kids) before that. So I had no problems with the mileage. I regularly see LS engines with well over 200,000 miles. I have a friend that had almost 420,000 on his daily driver before he totaled it (fell asleep at the wheel). Another friend had 317,000 miles on his. It was totalled by insurance from being in 8' of flood water. We replaced the fluids and used it to haul what he could salvage from his house to his new place. We made eight 40-mile trips with no problems.

If it was taken care of, the mileage on an LS engine shouldn't be a concern. I know there are a lot of important parts other than the motor, but if someone took good care of the motor and other vitals, chances are they didn't mistreat the truck.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I agree with the first two, mileage isn't necessarily the problem, nor the brakes. It's just that you would be buying a heck of a lot of someone else's other problems. I doubt the dealer gave the guy more than $6000 for it and the guy was probably happy to get that.
Run away from this thing. There's plenty of better deals out there. Yes, it's a pretty truck but dealers are experts at polishing turds. Now RUN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallinz