Tips for routing chime speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all installing a kenwood with maestro rr. Any tips on how to route the chime speaker? Not sure if there’s an easy access panel anywhere to get it from behind the head unit to somewhere in the dash area or below the steering wheel somewhere

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all installing a kenwood with maestro rr. Any tips on how to route the chime speaker? Not sure if there’s an easy access panel anywhere to get it from behind the head unit to somewhere in the dash area or below the steering wheel somewhere
usually there is only enough harness to get it left of the radio and right of the steering wheel column. there should be a metal slot right there to just kinda stick it in there.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*IF* you can't route it with just the radio out, then taking off the knee bolster will give you plenty of space.
The small panels on either side, in front of center console footwell, pop off easily as well..

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
The PO installed it on my tahoe, they had it just sitting in there.
I selectively wrapped it in some felt tape to prevent rattles and stuffed it in a spot behind the dash, no mount or anything just stuffed in there.
I think it settled down behind the hvac controls and towards the bottom, next to the driver side....

:yaoface2:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a pic?
if you just take the cover off under the steering wheel you will see the spot where it can go right there between the right side of the steering wheel and console
the more you shove it back some where else the less you will be able to hear it.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chime speaker mounted and ran the obd port wire

Just poking around now for best microphone position. I would like to use factory location but I am not sure how to get it to the overhead yet. Need to research

Attachments

• IMG_5016.jpeg
    IMG_5016.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I can route the microphone wiring up through the a pillar and under the headliner. I just gotta research how to pull the headliner back enough. Then I can mount it in the factory location

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10