Tinted windows - interior still feels warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Denali tinted and it seems like the interior is still kinda warm. I have the 20% llumar tint with the dark atmosphere interior. I live in NJ so it's hot crazy hot all the time. Wondering if the tint has something to do with it? My other truck always stays cool and they're both parked next to each other.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Well it depends. Tint can block out light and reflect heat away but regardless it's still going to get hot. It just takes longer for it to get hot. So it depends on how long it's sitting and they type of tint used

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Also depends on the years of the vehicles. If your truck is older and you have newer body style Denali then think about the insulation of the newer vs old. These newer vehicles are crazy quiet and hold in heat and cold a lot better than the older models. I've heard of people not being able to hear emergency vehicles until they get passed by them bc their cars/truck are so heavily insulated.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 3M Crystalline on the sides and on the windshield. Definitely noticed a difference with having a black on black truck.