First thoughts on the 2023 Escalade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have been looking at numerous k2 Escalades... I finally decided to drive a brand new one. Below is a list of the likes and dislikes that may help others in decision making. I like to shed some light to others thinking of making jumps to different years or body style.

Likes,
Seats are comfy and good adjustability.
View out of the truck is greatly improved over K2.
Cabin is a bit quieter than the K2 but not by much.
Supercruise is cool but somewhat scary that a camera is watching you all the time.
Ride is good, smooth etc. Air suspension is good all around.
Dash is amazing, screens everywhere and tons better controls for sure.
Mag ride is deff refined much more also.
The rear emblem being the hatch button was cool also.
Backup and 360 camera is highly refined and 100 times better.
Love the console shifter...

Dislikes,
Chassis balance is very floaty, sport mode works and helps but still feels very plush and lazy.
I am not a fan of the panoramic sunroofs, but it is nice. Thankfully the screen is 100% blocking the sun...
Main dislike is the accelerator feeling worse than the k2 in throttle response.
I know that some of these dislikes may correct themselves when the vehicle is properly broken in and they adapt to driving habits.

All in all I believe they did a good job refining things.... The interior is main thing that really shines to me. Exterior is nice as always and bold style is spot on.

Ride Height even 2wd it sits taller, its a very large and in charge vehicle. Feels larger and heavier than the k2 platform also. This may be a determining factor if your significant other is not used to large vehicles.

Pricetag of what I tested was 106k. It was a nice ride for sure, but there are characteristics of the live axle that I enjoy much more in my vehicles. If you are searching for an in between vehicle from this size and a mid size suv in the Luxury market, I suggest looking at the q7 Audi. Very impressed with that one also and it doesn't suffer the lazy chassis issues on Esky.
Pedal commander can wake up the feel of the accelerator pedal. Multiple settings. I love it on my RST 6.2

GreenTahoe2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your likes and dislikes. Good information. I'm on my fifth Escalade, and looking to buy a new '23. Or, wait to see what the '24 refresh might be.

What color combo and trim level did you test drive?
The driver seat on a ‘23 Escalade may be narrower than the driver seat of some of the earlier Escalades. The smaller Escalades of 10 to 20 years ago had seats that are likely more than 2 inches wider than the seats that GM is putting in their current full size SUVs GM has lost its way regarding ergonomics in some respects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos