Tinted tail lights + black mirror cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmcrae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi friends! Wanted to share a few of the mods we did on our 2015 tahoe. I had been looking for pictures of tinted tail lights on this model for a while but didn’t find a lot out there. I went ahead and got them done and I love the way it looks. Light output is not an issue. We also switched out the LTZ chrome mirror caps for black ones! My husband wants to delete the chrome trim next.
ab7e4d2eb88afe49c57900c0b9f3aae9.jpg
599cbf4e5c99ba2a5c3f950f3e2df5bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaospilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks nice. I see the black bow tie, is that paint, plastidip, or a sticker? I just got a 2020 in the same color and have a long list of things to do. The things you’ve done are on that list and I appreciate the pictures.

OP
OP
pmcrae

pmcrae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! It’s OEM. Ordered off eBay. I’ve dealt with plastidip before on my Grand Cherokee and over time it wears. Went ahead and bit the bullet and paid for OEM emblems!

EZ Money

Reaction score
Looks pretty good!
You will quickly figure out that the black RST window trim is very expensive and hard to get to. I think it was going to cost almost $1000 for parts alone. I ended up spending $75 on Amazon and getting a 3" roll of 3M black vinyl. I covered all of the chrome trim around my windows and both head light eyebrows. I had to re-do a couple pieces, but it was relatively simple. A sharp knife, a blow dryer, and a slow/steady hand is what you need. Its held up for 7 months now and I run this through an automatic car wash every other week.
I also ordered the RST front grill and an all black billet bow-tie from Car-id.com. Overall it looks great.
I am wanting to blackout the tail lights and was concerned about the light output. You are saying it isn't an issue?

Tahoe.jpg

OP
OP
pmcrae

pmcrae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, it doesn’t affect it at all. I was worried at first but the tint shop that did it seemed to know what they were doing. As for the window trim, my husband did the same thing to my Grand Cherokee with vinyl. He is very good at those types of things!

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
I took delivery of a '15 Tahoe LTZ this Feb. One of the things on my list to do is front chrome delete.
I contacted a shop here in my Town that only deals with wraps and graphics. They gave me a quote of $650 for Front Grill Surround, Headlight Surrounds, Lower Chrome Accents except for the inside grill and mirror caps they didn't think it's a good idea and would not last.

I want to do the entire front grill.

Thoughts?

EZ Money

Reaction score
No, it doesn’t affect it at all. I was worried at first but the tint shop that did it seemed to know what they were doing. As for the window trim, my husband did the same thing to my Grand Cherokee with vinyl. He is very good at those types of things!

Did you have your tail lights tinted by painting them or with a tint?

OP
OP
pmcrae

pmcrae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tint!

OP
OP
pmcrae

pmcrae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took delivery of a '15 Tahoe LTZ this Feb. One of the things on my list to do is front chrome delete.
I contacted a shop here in my Town that only deals with wraps and graphics. They gave me a quote of $650 for Front Grill Surround, Headlight Surrounds, Lower Chrome Accents except for the inside grill and mirror caps they didn't think it's a good idea and would not last.

I want to do the entire front grill.

Thoughts?
So we did a chrome delete on my Jeep Grand Cherokee with vinyl. We had it on for about a year and a half until we sold it. Everything was still good with no wear on the vinyl when we sold it. I heard it can be a huge hassle to take off though. Might be worth it to save up for factory parts off of a RST. The chrome on ours doesn’t bother me as much because the Tahoe is silver and it doesn’t stick out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14