Chrome Trim to Black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCMomentum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am currently gathering information on swapping out the few "chrome" trim pieces on my Premier to the black ones. I am pleased to see that outside of the grille and the roof rails the parts are rather inexpensive.
So far, besides the front grille (which I have sourced)...it appears these are the following pieces.
Both driver's and passengers side lower wind appliqué and the aft window vertical appliqués (I've done these before on my 2015 Tahoe) on both sides.
Driver's and passengers side view mirror cover cap
Tailgate rear closure appliqué.
Roof rails

Best place for guidance on DIY for at least some of it?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be helpful to post your exact year make model and trim level.

Kind of a help us help you kinda thing…

OP
OP
S

SCMomentum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update....new front grille and fascia installed. Side view mirror caps installed. Roof racks painted black. New rubber (Michelin Defender) and wheels installed.
Next week the rear applique and rear bumper fascia being installed.
Love the transformation.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to just order the RST window trim for your premier, if that's the look you're trying to achieve. It's factory, and you won't have to do all that prep work to paint them yourself, or devalue your vehicle should you decide to sell it.

Robalaba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update....new front grille and fascia installed. Side view mirror caps installed. Roof racks painted black. New rubber (Michelin Defender) and wheels installed.
Next week the rear applique and rear bumper fascia being installed.
Love the transformation.
Got pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20