Time for some new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aschevfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 z71 Tahoe. I’m thinking 275 x 65 x 18. Either Nitto terra grappler g2 or michelin Ltx a/t2. Any input from anyone who has these tires will be appreciated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 z71 Tahoe. I’m thinking 275 x 65 x 18. Either Nitto terra grappler g2 or michelin Ltx a/t2. Any input from anyone who has these tires will be appreciated.

A fella on another forum did not like that the sipes on the Nittos wore off so quickly making them far less effective in the rain. Documented with photos on GM-Trucks forum. Why not KO2s?

OP
OP
A

aschevfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would be interested in input from anyone running ko’s on a Tahoe!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 285/45/22 nitto terra grappler g2’s on my wifes denali a while back. She has roughly 50k miles on them now and they look great and are performing just fine for her this winter. I would buy them again.

The KO2’s are stellar, too. Would have probably got those but they dont make them in a 22” wheel.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I just went out and checked. 50,518 miles on them. And the front alignment was way off for a long period of time due to issues with the Fox coilovers. These things are holding up very well imo. I thought I would have to get her some new ones when winter hit, but they are working plenty good enough yet...
CF1B7AD5-B442-4B8F-881D-7E200329FD12.jpeg

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ko2 are absolute shit. I had two sets on my 13 z71

the first set 275s (E) were at 3/32” by 22k with 5k rotations Discount tire warrantied those out.

The second set were 285s (E)was at 5/32” with 26k on them, I did a 4K rotation at every oil change. Those were also warrantied out by discount tire as they were doing the rotations and documenting the excessive wear

I also purchased a five year alignment package from tire Kingdom – I had the alignment checked every 8000 miles and documented

During wet rain you might as well be driving with oil on the tires-it was damn near suicidal. On dry pavement they rode very nice, we’re smooth and gripped rather well. Very little noise until they started wearing down.

they were replaced with Goodyear Dura track 285s (D). I have had them on now 28,000 miles and have just reached the 50% wear level. The Goodyear Dura track tires stick to the road like glue when it’s raining; it’s actually quite impressive. They are getting slightly noisy as they wear but that is to be expected.

Would be a cold day in hell before I ever bought a set of BFG At again. Mine is not an isolated case – an Internet search will clearly provide you thousands of results of others complaining of the extremely poor wear and horrible wet pavement performance.

The only downside to the Dura track tires is a “weak side wall”. That’s coming mostly from rock crawlers and others who go really heavy duty off-road. For mild trail riding, hunting and every day family use of the vehicle these are perfect. I intend to buy another set the second these wear out.