Thule Cross Bar Height verses OEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drmoose

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference is in height for the Thule verses the factory? I have the factory (needed for winter, when no fit kit was available). I do like the factory ones, but wish they say about 1-2" lower. I have an old set of Thule Aero bars (+ feet/locks) and I'm wondering if it is worth it to put them on. The factory ones are a bit high for a few garages. OTOH $150 for a fit kit seems ridiculous, and not sure it is worth it to gain an inch. the factory ones come off really really easy.

OP
OP
D

drmoose

Reaction score
well, if anyone cares....I sat my old ones on, and hard to say for sure, since I only had one foot on it, it was the wrong fit kit, and I couldn't really measure with a tape measure, but the Thule look like they may sit ~1/2" lower, maybe a little more, but probably less than 1". The Thule look a bit better (sleeker), but the OEM are very well made and come off so easy, probably not worth changing at this point.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we run the oem units…super stout, and super quick/easy to install and take off. They are so easy to operate I will only have them on their when using the thule…otherwise leave them off.

I am pretty sure the bars stick up so high due to needed clearance for the pano sunroof.09AEE5D4-B2F6-468A-AA9A-AD7B33067C58.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher