Throttle Body is killing me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I installed a cold air intake sometime ago. While doing this I decided to stick my paws into the throttle body to clean it, BIG MISTAKE.

I read that on the forums that I messed with the calibration. I also read that the throttle body would self calibrate after 500 -750 miles of normal driving. It has been about 1,300 miles and it still sucks. Can you address this when tuning it? Or should I just buy a new one?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What year and engine is your vehicle?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Are you talking about the throttle body or the MAF?

OP
OP
R

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is a 2008 Yukon Denali XL with a 6.2L.

By the way, I still owe you some pictures of Y pipe for header quote. I could have done this today as I installed the SLP Harmonic.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are having throttle body problem, I agree with disconnecting the battery for 15 mins. If it is the MAF, you may need to buy a new one.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

OP
OP
R

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have disconected the battery on several occasions for over 15 minutes and nothing.

I guess I could explain a bit more. As I approach a stop, the vehicle suddenly accelerates and then stops, (it's anoying, at crosswalks pedestrians glare at me as if I intentionally reved my engine at them). My understanding is that the throttle body is in a "Limp Home Mode", (locks partially open as a default). Other than that, the vehicle idles and accelerates fine.

I would just pay and replace it, but I am not sure if I have to get a dealer to calibrate a new throttle body?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You might have to take it into the dealership on that one. I didn't know you had moved the blade, thought maybe you were talking about the MAF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins