Thoughts on buying 2019 Tahoe this December? Before 2020's come out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 19 at the end of 18, thinking the new ones would be released in 2019 as a 2020 model. If you like the latest and greatest, wait. If you want one that (hopefully) has the minor bugs worked out, buy current gen and trade up in a 3-4 years.

And none of these are worth what they cost. My denali has the worst paint job of any vehicle I have ever owned. Its too thin and the color match on the bumpers to fender was done by the school of the blind

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 19 at the end of 18, thinking the new ones would be released in 2019 as a 2020 model. If you like the latest and greatest, wait. If you want one that (hopefully) has the minor bugs worked out, buy current gen and trade up in a 3-4 years.

And none of these are worth what they cost. My denali has the worst paint job of any vehicle I have ever owned. Its too thin and the color match on the bumpers to fender was done by the school of the blind

YES I thought it was mine only on the paint job what’s wrong with American made what happen to be proud of what you build. Is it that America’s worker no instered in doing there best at work . I find them over priced and I bought one because of the safety weight and towing and one feels safe in them.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 Tahoe's paintjob is not the greatest... I have noticed many areas around the vehicle where there is dust within the paint. Bottom of the doors there are areas where is looks like paint ran a bit. If I look inside the door between the front and back there are areas where I can see small section of undercoating.. I have had GM cars in the past and the paint was shoddy too.. I just don't get it... I have had Kia cars and the paint was flawless.. Never the less o like the car and its comfortable so I am willing to overlook some paint blemishes.. Lets see how it holds up..

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, I’ve always admired the paint job on these trucks, even before I owned one. Seem to shine up so easily. And don’t have the bubbling or rust problems that Ford Expeditions have, even now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, I’ve always admired the paint job on these trucks, even before I owned one. Seem to shine up so easily. And don’t have the bubbling or rust problems that Ford Expeditions have, even now.

I agree. My family had a couple of Fords. Expedition Crown Vic and a Town Car. They had peeling paint on all of them within just 3 or 4 years. Since the vehicles were just out of warranty Ford refused to do anything about it. Ford would not even consider to pay half of the cost.

On the other hand my Impalas,Caprices,Cadillacs and a company 97 Tahoe had no issues with the paint.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sense going from a 17 to a 19. Sounds like you should find other things to spend your money on :D

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Maybe mine was just a bad batch. The paint on my 08 avalanche is really nice. New truck, not so much. Every panel has little puddles of clear at the bottom. Large specs of dirt on the hood and on the roof.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe mine was just a bad batch. The paint on my 08 avalanche is really nice. New truck, not so much. Every panel has little puddles of clear at the bottom. Large specs of dirt on the hood and on the roof.

Did you buy it new?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than those bright LED lights that serve as your daytime running lights! I’d trade for that alone. Sucks having your 2017 LT headlights as your DRL. Minor thing I know but hey it’s whatever you like.
You can make your LED strip your DRL if you like. It’s a cable mod. They aren’t as bright as the new ones, but it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris