Those with backup cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you run your reverse wire all the way to the head unit, or splice into the wire on the factory harness to the baack up bulb on the tail light?

Obviously I'm not ILLEGAL REGAL but I did mine to the reverse tail light so When I put it in reverse it get power signal and kicks on radio screen.

danniboi

Reaction score
If you don't wanna go on a hunt for a lite green wire then your best bet would be to tap into the reverse light wire at the taillight and run it all the way to the front. You have to run the rca so might as well run the reverse too no?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also you have to find the reverse wire under the dash anyways for the headunit to signal "reverse" so you might as well power it from there. I wired mine to the acc power so it always has power. Mainly for backing up to trailers and such. Sometime you backup too far and have you pull up, if the camera turns off how do you know when you have pulled up enough lol. Just makes it easier when your by yourself

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Yep. I wired mine to the reverse lights and also to a switch on the dash that is fed 12V constant. That way it comes on in reverse like normal and if I need it on at other times, I just flip the switch to bypass the reverse light circuit.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I wired mine to the reverse lights and also to a switch on the dash that is fed 12V constant. That way it comes on in reverse like normal and if I need it on at other times, I just flip the switch to bypass the reverse light circuit.

This is how I'm going to set mine up this weekend. The RCA cable has an integrated power cable, so I'm going to power the whole system from a switch. Mainly, so I can power it up when towing to see who the douchecanoe is that's following too close. And to help me back up, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts