This one took a hit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Esky hit a tree and house at 55mph. Driver survived

View attachment 217726

wow...

I almost got rear ended hard last night I was in a Duo left turn lane

jeep was going about 55/60mph
and they swerved out of the lane at the last second..

of course it ticked me off since I only had it for a little over a week

that would have totaled it for sure be hell of sucked because it would have taken 3-5 months to find another ...and i would be out money since they would have taken off more then likely..

this was a pic of a tahoe took a few year back lets just say the car that got hit was thrown 20-30 feet away and the passenger(s) were ejected and nothing left of the other car. almost split in 1/2. the speed was about 50/55mph per the speed limit.. the accord was making a uturn
you can see the passenger side was crushed into the driver side...
I used to live near this location and had a few close calls my self.. but I was very aware of the issue here so i drove by this spot with caution ( there was an another spot that had issues as well so i was careful there as well) after this crash they lowered the speed limit to 45 and is currently sitting at 40mph

I did make uturns often here but I waited out the light to cycle a left turn arrow for me...

11406524_925251030867871_1832163926941957268_o.jpg 11026141_925251234201184_4140692910472137709_o.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
wow...

I almost got rear ended hard last night I was in a Duo left turn lane

jeep was going about 55/60mph
and they swerved out of the lane at the last second..

of course it ticked me off since I only had it for a little over a week

that would have totaled it for sure be hell of sucked because it would have taken 3-5 months to find another ...and i would be out money since they would have taken off more then likely..

this was a pic of a tahoe took a few year back lets just say the car that got hit was thrown 20-30 feet away and the passenger(s) were ejected and nothing left of the other car. almost split in 1/2. the speed was about 50/55mph per the speed limit.. the accord was making a uturn
you can see the passenger side was crushed into the driver side...
I used to live near this location and had a few close calls my self.. but I was very aware of the issue here so i drove by this spot with caution ( there was an another spot that had issues as well so i was careful there as well) after this crash they lowered the speed limit to 45 and is currently sitting at 40mph

View attachment 217727 View attachment 217728
Damn--serious accident there. Just goes to show you how our trucks can hold up in an accident.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's not the structure that will kill you. It's the airbags.
no doubt. A couple years back my wife was in a pretty significant accident in our suburban. We'd had an airbag light on due to a defective sensor which I was glad we had because it basically made it to where the airbags didn't deploy which means the wife and kiddos were uninjured and our suburban wasn't totaled out. They fixed the bad sensor but about 6 months later another airbag sensor went bad. It's still bad to this day and will stay that way until the next wreck :rofl:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some fool in a Honda almost rear ended us too last night. Coming off the highway, going up the ramp to the light and coasting to a stop. This jerk came off the highway at 90+ and came right at us, turning into the other lane at the last moment, never took his stupid eyes off of his phone.

These are the kinds of knuckleheads that pass us three times on the highway and we pull up to each other at the light on the off-ramp an hour later, which by the way happened too last night. YJ passed us 4 times and when we got off the road, who did I pull up behind? The knucklehead YJ driver.

Happens all the time. Thank God cars are safer and easier to drive because folks these days for the most part don't have any horse sense.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Some fool in a Honda almost rear ended us too last night. Coming off the highway, going up the ramp to the light and coasting to a stop. This jerk came off the highway at 90+ and came right at us, turning into the other lane at the last moment, never took his stupid eyes off of his phone.

These are the kinds of knuckleheads that pass us three times on the highway and we pull up to each other at the light on the off-ramp an hour later, which by the way happened too last night. YJ passed us 4 times and when we got off the road, who did I pull up behind? The knucklehead YJ driver.

Happens all the time. Thank God cars are safer and easier to drive because folks these days for the most part don't have any horse sense.
Idiots! Of course they're the ones that are always ok in the end, while the other person gets hurt bad, or even dies.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would have turn my tahoe into compact blazer..
no way in hell was that esky was doing 55, try again
id check the black box for the real speed

this major accident down the street from me

silver car made a left turn and failed to clear the intersection

the white truck is a city issued truck

silver car is at falut for not making sure its clear before going or on cellphone not paying attention

looks like it got hit twice once on each side
IMG_2754.jpg IMG_2755.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas