this alternator work on my 95?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
It should but the removal of rear brace is needed and wire adapter for indicator may also be needed. Possibly a change in belt length as well. Nothing you can't do your self.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Sun, something like this? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWM-160/

Im not sure if my 95 has the 1wire connector or more? i might just pick it up anyways and see what happens. Damn stock alternators crapping out with the aftermarket shit and fans.. gahh.
Also black should look Swell with the whipple

Too late, already bought it.. haha

This 200amp should be put those electric fans to shame. Need to grab a bigger battery now, this interstate isnt doing poopyy. A few more bugs and the truck should be out on the road finally. last year it sat in storage.. time to hit up the track too. Want to see wha the 456s/trutrac and the whipple will do! haha

:van:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 95 had a single wire when I pulled it out last week, all it does is send a signal to the dash dummy light. These newer GM alternators are single wire/self exciting as far as we are concerned here.

I'm also very interested in your track times. I'm gonna start working on my other engine and need a goal. :p

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
other engine??!! please telll

track times are going to be surprising i think.. the 456s will make a hellof a holeshot lol

whats your goal looking like?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Atomic I believe that is what Powermaster called out. and the battery may have been damged form the load. Interstate are very good batteries though. Perhaps go deep cycle.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

I think that is the route I am going in the next electrical upgrade.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
the batterys one of those that you get from insterstate for 30bucks a pop.. They are what they called "refurbished" ive had one in my grandprix for about 3 to 4 years now without a problem, the one in my tahoe died since i havnt driven it in over 2 yrs..

cheap but great batteries. id never spend the 150bucks on a new one.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
my interstate was $110 i have killed it and needed to jump it several times when stiil fixing the truck in cali and it had lost a little capacity thru testing then but after my trip out here to the east it seems to be back to it's normal self. still going interstate deep cycle route next tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murk3d