Thinking of switching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a 2007 Yukon SLT since new. I just bought a 2021 Sierra AT4 (6.2L). I have already been reminded of a number off things.

First, there is nothing like dropping the lift gate and piling stuff in the bed of the pickup. With the Yukon you are constantly "fitting things in" trying to avoid gouging the headliner with those sharp edges of your cargo, etc. I have been under my new truck a number of times (installed some fancy AMP electric steps, etc.) and it is a marvel how simple things are under there, versus the Yukon, everything is a snap to reach, simple rear end with leaf spring, etc. Not so much with the Yukon.

On the other hand, parking that big old honking crewcab is a lot more of a tender proposition in tight parking lots. I don't think it is a lot longer than our old Suburban, but it sure parks like it is (likely owing to how high it is and how sharp the drop-offs are when you reach the ends). With all the fancy cameras and such, it isn't out of the question to parallel park the beast between two other cars, but you need to really take your time while doing it. :)

In the end, I rationalize I need both an SUV and the truck. The Yukon is not much of a tow vehicle (although it does fine in say in the under 5K weight class). The truck is a much better hauler, but is a pain to take to the supermarket in town around noon time... :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
513Tahoe