The thing under the dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TARFU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DSCN0304.JPG DSCN0309.JPG
While installing a trailer brake controller on my 2019 Suburban (prior rental vehicle) This electrical thing fell out from under the dash. The wiring looks like it follows the OBDII cabling up further into the dash. There's a 20 Amp fuse for it in the wiring. Nothing on the white barcode label identified it (pictures didn't turn out). Any ideas what it is? I'd pull it back out to try to get better pics of the label, but I'm an old guy and actually hurt my back while kneeling down to work on the Sub. Thanks, Kevin

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
View attachment 266533 View attachment 266534
While installing a trailer brake controller on my 2019 Suburban (prior rental vehicle) This electrical thing fell out from under the dash. The wiring looks like it follows the OBDII cabling up further into the dash. There's a 20 Amp fuse for it in the wiring. Nothing on the white barcode label identified it (pictures didn't turn out). Any ideas what it is? I'd pull it back out to try to get better pics of the label, but I'm an old guy and actually hurt my back while kneeling down to work on the Sub. Thanks, Kevin
It might be a gps unit--in case they ever needed to track it down.
Try googling the barcode, or any other visible numbers on it.

OP
OP
TARFU

TARFU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like you guys are right. A little bit of google work and it appears to be a fleet management GPS tracker. I figure if I pull the fuse, Hertz won't be able to track me anymore. Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

As you can see above, folks do chime in with their thoughts and perspectives. Lots to learn in this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts