The SUPER EASY 4-Hi mod for 00-02 vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no solder. Just released the pin from the connector and slid it and the new wire back into the plug at the same time. No room for solder, but its such a tight fit I dont see it as necessary. Its water tight and still a better connection than a tap splice
That’s not a good electrical connection at all. That’s worse than twisting wires together, wrapping them with tape, and hoping they last. The wires need to be soldered together or similar, not just touching each other. Poor electrical connections like that can actually be hazardous from the power arcing. You’ll most likely end up with a melted wire or scorched connector in time. Just because it’s a ground doesn’t matter, if you don’t believe me pull your negative battery cable and then touch it to the terminal and notice the spark. I highly recommend you strip a bit of insulation on that wire inside of the weather seal and solder those wires together or you’ll be replacing that whole connector in a year or two.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind for future reference. But this truck will be lucky to see another year on the road. He cant even have anyone ride with him because there is not enough passenger side floor board to put your feet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts