The dreaded flashing Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0300 means little, that's why mentioned codes. I would clear them all and just drive it. Sometimes the computers can get squirrely and need resetting. It's either that or your ECM took a dump. I'm thinking both and that you'll be replacing the ECM soon.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0300 means little, that's why mentioned codes. I would clear them all and just drive it. Sometimes the computers can get squirrely and need resetting. It's either that or your ECM took a dump. I'm thinking both and that you'll be replacing the ECM soon.

how you get to a bad ecu from a maf and tps codes?

dbw crap fails all the time. maf will make it run lean as hell and shift poorly and idle like crap. bad tps will *** everything up too. pcm has no idea what the throttle position is at. or its not reading the gas pedal sensors right.

pcm is doing its job telling you these things are acting up.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When all these codes pop up at once that's usually the case. Many sensors have specific codes that describe how a sensor either fails or why it is reading out of spec. In my opinion, he has too many codes at once and the first one was not specific enough to mean anything and that's why I suggest just clearing them all and wait and see.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When all these codes pop up at once that's usually the case. Many sensors have specific codes that describe how a sensor either fails or why it is reading out of spec. In my opinion, he has too many codes at once and the first one was not specific enough to mean anything and that's why I suggest just clearing them all and wait and see.

im willing to bet his cel has been on for a long time and just now fixing it up. aka hes way behind on maintenance.

for all them codes, (7 really) hes got two problems, the rest are caused by the tps and maf codes.

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
im willing to bet his cel has been on for a long time and just now fixing it up. aka hes way behind on maintenance.

for all them codes, (7 really) hes got two problems, the rest are caused by the tps and maf codes.

My cel was never on. Flashed over 80. Stayed on since i changed o2 sensors yesterday. Hoping it just needs engine cycle

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check for a blown fuse or two. could be the cause too. bad fuse would set the cel asap as well after being cleared.

OP
OP
Motojoe86

Motojoe86

Reaction score
Just picked up bluetooth obd2 and bought the torque app. My fuel rail at idle reads -19.6... I presume that means a vacuum leak?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your fuel rail should read fuel pressure, not vacuum. It's been a while, this motor has a cam right? If so, then that vacuum reading isn't too low, just a little less than a stock cam which would be 20-21.

An intake is a lot less expensive and time consuming than some of the other repairs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE