Test drove the new Escalade today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at these a for a little while now, and this is the first model of the Escalade that I actually like the looks of. I always thought the Tahoe was more appealing in the previous models, but I really like the new one. It was very smooth and comfortable and the features are definitely cutting edge. I just might have to think really seriously about getting one of these. Only thing is, they said GM isn't producing them with some of the features that would be have-to-have's for me just yet. They said that the 2-speed transfer case and SuperCruise probably won't be available until around March.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wait. The super cruise alone is worth it. I have seen some hoes and burbs in the wild now and they just aren't growing on me. Granted I am going to have my '17 Burb for a few more years but the Esky is out of my price range. I am probably going GMC next round. While the look of the Esky is nicer, the Yukon XL will fall closer into my affordability range and looks good. Hopefully by the time I am ready for an upgrade there will be some better engine options as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how the 5.3 or 6.2 is improved over the next couple years or possibly replaced with the new L8T 6.6L motor.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger on a new Escalade today. The order is in, now I sit back and wait. They said since I had included SuperCruise it will likely be April, maybe March if I'm lucky.

Has anyone here ordered one and received it recently? If so, I'd be curious how long it took to get it.

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't get what all the hooody hoo is over SuperCruise... I mean it is kinda self driving, but it's not like I'm going to take a nap or read the paper while going 70 on a freeway. If I have to be attentive, why not just put your hands on the wheel and drive? Not knocking it, but unless I can trust it fully and actually do something else, I might as well drive it my self....

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't get what all the hooody hoo is over SuperCruise... I mean it is kinda self driving, but it's not like I'm going to take a nap or read the paper while going 70 on a freeway. If I have to be attentive, why not just put your hands on the wheel and drive? Not knocking it, but unless I can trust it fully and actually do something else, I might as well drive it my self....
My reason for wanting it is that I drive from Denver to central Missouri to visit my mom as often as I can get away, and I thought it would be nice on that long stretch of I-70 crossing Kansas. The strong cross-winds that are prevalent there can make it tiresome staying centered in the lane. Don't know how well SuperCruise will handle those winds, but if it does then it would make the trip a lot more pleasant.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess this isn't really proof, but for those that want pictures, here is the image from the Cadillac configurator of the one that I ordered.

upload_2021-1-5_9-13-44.png

Sport model with the Driver Assist, Onyx and HD Trailering packages, and also added SuperCruise. I decided not to get the upgraded audio, RSE, or night vision.

Hope it comes in sooner rather than later. On the other hand, I suppose that the later in the build-year that it is done, the more likely it is that any new-model issues will be resolved before I get it.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the same thing that I had envisioned buying a month or so ago, but after doing the numbers and deciding if I really really needed something like this, I’ve decided to go with a Denali and a Duramax and have a custom shop black out the chrome on it I think I can get 95% of the same thing for about 20 K less. Of course minus that fancy dashboard !!
It still looks very sharp and much good luck with it.

OP
OP
DougAMiller

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the same thing that I had envisioned buying a month or so ago, but after doing the numbers and deciding if I really really needed something like this, I’ve decided to go with a Denali and a Duramax and have a custom shop black out the chrome on it I think I can get 95% of the same thing for about 20 K less. Of course minus that fancy dashboard !!
It still looks very sharp and much good luck with it.
Thanks! Yes, now that the decision has been made, I'm really anxious to see it in person. The dealer didn't have any in these colors. I could only see this color on one of their other models.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reason for wanting it is that I drive from Denver to central Missouri to visit my mom as often as I can get away, and I thought it would be nice on that long stretch of I-70 crossing Kansas. The strong cross-winds that are prevalent there can make it tiresome staying centered in the lane. Don't know how well SuperCruise will handle those winds, but if it does then it would make the trip a lot more pleasant.

Nice set up Doug! Anything to make driving easier with less fatigue as we get older I'm generally for it, super cruise looks cool.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so presuming you read the owners manual and or have tested out how the supercruise works, what is the fastest speed it will work at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts