Technically a 2000 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible you got a flood vehicle? As in the vehicle was involved in one of the big hurricanes from the past couple years? And they got it working enough to sell, and didn't report the flood to insurance?
My first though

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about something like the key switch. That is something that if there is a short or something jacked up could cause the entire truck to die instantly both engine and electrical. When it die on interstate it was literally as if I turned the key off. Just grasping at ideas. Thanks, for the input. I do have an Arkansas Alumni sticker on the back window. If I removed that do yall think it might help. lol
Its worth a try

OP
OP
B Dub

B Dub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice. Thanks. I Finally decided to drop it off last week at a local ac delco magneto and ignition specialty shop. They just called today and said the connection to the battery was not the best all though it seemed tight. But the main thing was the distributor cap and rotor was worn slap dab out and the tech went to check one of the plugs and he stopped because as he says, if he tried to pull the wire and boot off, the boot would remain on the plug. They are going to do a full tune up.....wires plugs, distributor cap and rotor, and the other basic stuff. His best guess was the distributor was the main or biggest issue.

I should have it back by Monday afternoon. I will report back in next week.

I also want to check a few of the ideas on here as well. Just for good measure.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you already replaced combination switch, check all the connections at the steering column also. East 302 posted great info for reverse light problem. Check your 3rd brake light to see if it is an led, if it is you may want to change it.There are a couple threads on that. Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645