Tech 2 For Sale in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erock7625

Reaction score
Just wondering if I had an Autel bi-directional scanner would I have a need for a Tech 2? Is there anything unique it does that an advanced 3rd party scanner would not do? I have an Autel MaxiDas DS-808 right now, don’t want to invest in a Tech 2 if I don’t have to.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! Calling him on the carpet like that!!!

Was almost like the guy wasn't used to dealing with people who are not born suckers...
He might be looking over his shoulder or laying low, in case the heat is on.

Nah. Probably not. He'll just keep fishing as long as he is making money and is out of jail. He could probably still set his scam hooks into people, even if he was in jail.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if I had an Autel bi-directional scanner would I have a need for a Tech 2? Is there anything unique it does that an advanced 3rd party scanner would not do? I have an Autel MaxiDas DS-808 right now, don’t want to invest in a Tech 2 if I don’t have to.
I think the Autel bi-directional tools have a great reputation. Scotty Kilmer swears by them.

I believe they can do tons of things, but there might be a few special GM-specific functions the Autel might not be able to do. Possibly some of the module re-learning/reset/programming functions.

The Autel certainly would do a lot to help with diagnostics.
Advantage of Autel would be that you can use on on non-GM vehicles and probably many that are newer than 2014.

I got a Tech 2, because I need my 04 Z71 for my daily transportation and need to be able to diagnose more things quickly at home for myself. I can't afford to lose time to have a shop do some of the things I could do with the Tech 2.

Flip side... I wish I had an Autel bi-directional tablet, so I could do more diagnostics to support DIY repairs on my wife's Honda CR-V and son's Tacoma.

For you, the decision might be: Do I get Tech 2, which is amazing for my GM, but can't be used on my other vehicles? or... Do I get the Autel, have an amazing tool for all my vehicles, knowing that I may have to forego a couple of very specific features that the Tech 2 might have? I am not sure if there are many of those specific features the Autel can't do. Maybe there aren't that many you would miss out on having the Autel...

For me, the priority was getting the best tool for my Tahoe at the time. $300 was cheaper than one of the better tablets like an Autel (ones I would be tempted to get were in the $600-$800 range). Someday, I'd like to pick one up and have both tools available.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried finding this guy when I was down there, guess he sold it before then.
I am 99% sure the guy scammed someone [or robbed him] and got back on the road to scam someone else in another area of the state or another state. Just IMHO.

Locked since this Tech 2 is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod