TBI Throttle Position Sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chevrolado

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so an update to this.. I had left it with a mechanic I know and he was going to look at it and do what he can through the week while I was working. So he eventually said, okay, let's try this.. I have a spare TBI that I know works, I'm going to bolt it up and lets see if everything works good. That'll tell us if its just an issue in your throttle body.

Well.. bolted it up and everything is great. It runs well, idles perfect (better than before - but I think that also has to do with the giant gasket issue I fixed prior to going in for the repair anyway), all is well. I'm driving it around now with his throttle body on it and have gone all over town. Stopping. Running errands. Putting it through its paces as a daily driver and so far, all is good and normal.

So that leads me to think that it is one of three things in my throttle body that are broken.

-TPS

-Injectors

-Fuel Pressure Regulator

So I'm going to do some research on cost of brand new throttle body vs. new parts for my existing broken throttle body vs. buying his used throttle body he put on that it is currently running fine with. :)

Feel free to throw your input on my situation here, let's hear it. I need to decide which route to go by tomorrow so I can pay my bill and square up and move on with life.

So until then .. On to my research!

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holley throttle bodies are junk, get a reman'd OE unit or overhaul yours, it's not much different then rebuilding a carb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts