TBI guys.. ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pulleys help by letting the crank spin the accessories easier, kinda like changing the gears on a 10-speed bicycle. The smaller the drive pulley, the less effort it takes to spin the rest of the pulleys, freeing up some hp.
As for chips, the only thing you can do with TBIs is replacing the eeprom with an aftermarket chip programmed with the mods to your set-up. Superchips can burn a custom chip for you.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
would it be worth while to put on my truck? I say this because im getting a volant CAI, and this guy has more items for sale on ebay and i checked em out.. he also has a TB spacer and the pulleys, he said he would give me a really good price if i bought all 3.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
I've read up on the pulleys and read up on experiences guys over at FSC have had with them and most were not impressed. I would skip it and just look into getting the intake and spacer.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
even a spacer most people would veer from them. but you never know until you personally try something out you know.. im looking to free up some more hp from my truck tho. im looking into that volant CAI then i think if its a good deal the spacer. then ill shoot for headers and maybe a cam. then a custom chip

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read up on the pulleys and read up on experiences guys over at FSC have had with them and most were not impressed. I would skip it and just look into getting the intake and spacer.

I agree. For the money, it doesn't make much of a difference unless you're trying to get the most out of your car for e.t. and trap speed. On a DD, that same money can be better spent elsewhere imo.

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The spacers on tbi and carb motors can be beneficial where they can help atomize the fuel better since the injectors/jets spray before the spacer. But I would never use them on a dry type system where the injectors spray downstream of the tb.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
even a spacer most people would veer from them. but you never know until you personally try something out you know.. im looking to free up some more hp from my truck tho. im looking into that volant CAI then i think if its a good deal the spacer. then ill shoot for headers and maybe a cam. then a custom chip

Actually if you read up on FSC and GM FullSize you will see that a lot of the people run them and have positive things to say about them. I would do the intake, throttle body and injector spacer. Then look into the headers, y pipe, cat and muffler if you have not so already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts