Tall jack stands for transmission removal from 2013 Escalade ESV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Meaning ratchet strap the jack stands to the wood blocks?
Oh no, I NEVER use cinder blocks. Learned that lesson years ago...
I never get under anything on stands until I have given it a vigorous shake test. Better to fall then than fall on me.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, please understand I am not a noobie at jacking vehicles up. I take this VERY seriously, since it is my big self under the vehicle. I rely on sturdy stands, a good jack, and some hard earned common sense.
However, this is the first time I have really had to jack something up this high.

Thanks again!

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably won't help you but over a decade ago I bought 4 very large sturdy jack stands from HF. I used to jack my Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon up to the point where I could sit upright under the car.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It probably won't help you but over a decade ago I bought 4 very large sturdy jack stands from HF. I used to jack my Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon up to the point where I could sit upright under the car.
Thanks!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also recommend the HF transmission jack. I used one to drop a transmission out of a BMW, and it was a godsend. Cheap, too.

OP
OP
skpyle

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also recommend the HF transmission jack. I used one to drop a transmission out of a BMW, and it was a godsend. Cheap, too.
I have one, and it was an absolute necessity to pull the transaxle and torque tube from my Porsche 928.
I expect the same for my Escalade.

Thanks!

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I got my transmission out using a motorcycle jack and a pair of harbor freight 12 ton jack stands.

I used a stacked block of wood that i screwed together in layers to get it up high enough.

Dropped the transmission down, jacked the truck back up to remove one of the stands.

Then fit the bell housing through the wheel well.

Then back with the stands until I'm ready to pop it back in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts