Tail Dragging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Wolfe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know what they're calling the jacked-up front with headlights blinding air traffic and rear ends dropped so your groceries all roll out when you open your tailgate? What is the value or intention? I can already imagine a number of problems with it like oil starvation if you're a quart low, visibility when parking, seeing people, especially children, crossing the street.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what they're calling the jacked-up front with headlights blinding air traffic and rear ends dropped so your groceries all roll out when you open your tailgate?

It's known by many names, often determined by location: "Tennessee Tilt", "Carolina Squat", etc. More universally known as "squatted".

What is the value or intention? I can already imagine a number of problems with it like oil starvation if you're a quart low, visibility when parking, seeing people, especially children, crossing the street.

To get your attention and to feel accepted by the others that rely on the same attention for validation and acceptance. When the stupid stance doesn't get enough eyes on them, they install straight pipes and horn speakers and leave their stereos blasting at the gas station so everyone HAS to hear their autotune bleeping and blurping for a 1/4 mile radius. Oil starvation doesn't seem to be an issue in most examples. Probably cuz the sump is in the rearmost part of the engine. I have noticed that they seem to be commonly for sale on Marketplace due to needing a transmission, or after having a transmission replaced. So, maybe it affects the trans more than anything. Visibility (in any sense), handling dynamics, mechanical damage, the basic undeniable stupid appearance... All are not a concern and you'll never find a "squatter" that's not in denial about those factors. They got your attention, good or bad and that's all they need. Reliable and useful vehicles that aren't a life-threatening danger are boring and don't garner the attention that being "locally hated" does.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people will follow anything, no matter how dumb it looks, just because someone else did it and said that it was cool to do. In our country, we're free to do stupid things.

And we're free to call 'em out on said stupid things. Lucky for them, there are people that say it looks cool. This comes in handy when they're on the side of the road, sitting there lookin all cool and shit with their roached transmission and unable to do others harm.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we're free to call 'em out on said stupid things. Lucky for them, there are people that say it looks cool. This comes in handy when they're on the side of the road, sitting there lookin all cool and shit with their roached transmission.
Absolutely! Particularly when their mod creates safety issues for other drivers on the road.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this earlier today.
View attachment 400094
When dogs are trying to scratch their bungholes by dragging them on the ground, it's because they have no fingers or thumbs, and it's the best they can do given the limits of their intelligence and the compulsion to scratch an insufferable itch.

What are these schmucktards trying to do?
It's so painfully clear that this is the most willfully idiotic thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
I've seen failed suicide attempts that were far more thoughtfully considered and much less wasteful.

OP
OP
S

Steve Wolfe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know what they're calling the jacked-up front with headlights blinding air traffic and rear ends dropped so your groceries all roll out when you open your tailgate? What is the value or intention? I can already imagine a number of problems with it like oil starvation if you're a quart low, visibility when parking, seeing people, especially children, crossing the street.
Thanks guys for all the great answers.

03yukXL

Reaction score
It’s like a mix between a lifted truck and a low rider. Maybe sometimes it identifies as lifted, other times as low?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN